Libel Reform Campaign privacy statement
This policy explains how the data you provide via this online form is processed.
All data you supply via this petition form is being processed under the responsibility of MJR Harris Limited (trading as 89up) on behalf of the Libel Reform Campaign.
MJR Harris Limited will act as the data controller for the reasons stated below. No other third party will access this data, unless you agree to email your MP, in which case your elected representative will be passed on data which they can use to contact you.
MJR Harris Limited is a company limited by share and registered in England and Wales with Company Number 06886828 ("us"). You may contact us at the following address:
Free Word Centre, 60 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3GA
MJR Harris Limited is responsible for the website form ('the Website form') and acts as the data controller for all information provided by you initially through this website.
The website uses tools to establish contact between you and a Member of Parliament ('MP') of your choice. Data you submit will be passed on to your Member of Parliament in order for them to be able to identify you as a constituent and to reply to your email.
1. Petition and Email tool. The petition and email tool allows you to sign our petition and to send emails to MPs of your choice. The information you provide via this email tool, such as your name, email address and possible other information will be used to send the email to your MP of choice. You are requested to provide your post code and hometown to: identify yourself on the petition; to locate your MP by matching your postcode to your constituency; and so that MPs can establish that you belong to their constituency if you email them. When you agree to be contacted by 89up, the organisation will keep you informed on other campaigns or issues run by them.
2. Cookies. The email tool uses a session cookie to store your personal data when filling out multiple forms. Depending on your privacy settings, such cookies will be accepted by your browser. The session cookie will not transfer information to third parties.
3. Analytics. MJR Harris Limited may run analytics to understand more about the visitors to their website.
4. Data sharing. MJR Harris Limited shall never voluntarily share your information with a third party for their own use, except as indicated under (2) above.
5. Access to your data. Under the Data Protection Act, you may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you (for which we may charge a small fee to offset our administration costs) by writing or e-mailing either MJR Harris Limited at the above stated addresses. Any requests for deletion or correction of your personal data can also be obtained via these addresses.